Posts Tagged ‘Measurements’
Decorating your apartment or home is not something you can let pass you by. Sure you can hire an interior designer to do all the work for you but there are many downsides to this. The house will never have a touch of your own and for this reason you may never develop an attachment to it. Taking part in the decoration of your house will make sure that every single item is chosen right and that it is to your desired style and taste. There is also the issue of pricing and you have control over this if you do the choosing and buying bit yourself. So here are four factors that you must take into account when deciding on a rug for your home.
Take into account shapes
Before buying a rug, consider the kind of room you would like to put it in and the type of furniture already present in it. Circular rugs for instant would auger in very well with a round dining table. If you want to create a feeling of space and length in the room then you should go with a rectangular rug as it elongates the room and makes it look spacious. When picking out the perfect shape of rug to add to your decor, consider the other shapes in your room. If they are all sharp and predominantly boxy, a curvy rug will give the room the perfect finish. Read the rest of this entry »
Deciding whether your bathroom requires a redesign or simply a quick spruce would normally not have been an issue. However when you take a look at the amazing accessories that is available online or in your local bathroom supplier’s showroom you will soon realise that your bathroom is missing some really wonderful furnishings.
If you are considering updating your bathroom maybe due to the fact that it is dull and needs updating or because you have seen some accessories that have taken your fancy your first step will be based up on the budget you wish to spend. Obviously your budget plays the largest priority and will also determine the amount of work required for your project. A lot will also rely up on the size of your bathroom and whether or not you are single or have a family. The likelihood is that if you are single the project will require less work than if you are catering for a family’s needs. Read the rest of this entry »
A lot of people go for rugs because they are more convenient than linoleum or carpets. Decorating your house is an exciting activity, especially if you can adjust your theme from time to time. Having rugs are much easier, because you can easily drag them from one place to another, or replace them with new ones. It’s always a breath of fresh air to redecorate your house for a change in environment. This will give you a new perspective on things and something to look forward to. If you plan to look into rugs for sale, here are some tips that can help you:
• Before you purchase your rug, the first thing that you should do is measure the area where you are going to put it. Don’t just go to the mall and buy anything without making proper measurements first. If you fail to make measurements, you will end up buying something too big or too small, and that’s going to be a big problem, especially if you won’t be able to use it. Read the rest of this entry »
Living rooms, once considered the formal counterpart to the dining room, are anything but formal these days. They are more relaxed now and are used as a part of daily activities in the average home; in addition, they are also considered to be family rooms these days. The names have become interchangeable to many homeowners, so this could explain the gradual shift of this space from a formal room to a casual one.
One of the most challenging aspects of designing the size and shape of livings rooms, or any room for that matter, is to provide enough wall space for furniture placement. Rectangular rooms are ideal in general due to the ease of furniture planning; whereas, square rooms present a tougher challenge due to equal length walls. Since this is the area where the family unit would spend a significant amount of time, it is important to make this room one of largest; if not the biggest room in your house. Read the rest of this entry »
1. Clarity – Are the plans printed clearly and the specifications easy to read. Although you may not understand the terminology used somebody else will unless they are illegible. This document will be submitted to planning control and be used in the construction process by your builder, so they had better be legible!
2. True Elevations – Are there elevations of all aspects, showing the extended property as a whole, in addition to the floor plans? Often well drawn elevations can help sell the design.
3. Scale – Have the plans been drawn to an appropriate scale? These should be as follows:
Proposed plan elevations/ layouts 1:50
Block plan: 1:500
Location plan: 1:1,250
4. Plan copy size – Have the plans been re-produced on A1 or AO paper? Having to refer to several pieces of A3 or A4 paper during the project is not going to be helpful.
5. Measurements – Have the plans been marked up clearly with plenty of measurements in the same units? The external dimensions for all outside walls, positions of windows and doors are most important.
6. Specifications - Are the building regulations plans comprehensive and detailed? Are they annotated with detailed specifications? In other words are they worth the considerable expense of having them produced?
7. Levels - Do the plans clearly show the outside ground levels, either as existing or proposed? Are invert levels for the proposed drainage shown? If not this could be a problem for you contractor.
8. Details - Are their separate large scale detailed plans of connections or other critical areas of construction?
9. Red Herrings - Do the plans contain catch all statements like ‘work to comply with building regulations -Approved Document’ You don’t need to know what the references to the building regulations are only that you proposed plans comply with them. Building Control Officers will request that the details of the project are shown in the specification and/ or in the drawings. Also beware of pre-printed standard specifications are also to be avoided, all building work is unique and plans and specs should be be-spoke.
10. Presentation - Do the drawings look like they have been created with care and pride? Are they clear – have they been drawn with black ink and a variety of nib sizes? Do they show detail and are they presentable? Someone whoa has taken pride in their work is likely to have done a diligent job.
Aston Country Homes – builders in Surrey, builders in Hertfordshire. Quality builders in Surrey, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire can build you the home of your dreams.
You’re a do-it-yourself kind of person and you’ve been looking to do a few home improvement upgrades, maybe putting up shelves in the garage or in a closet or even building a shed out in the backyard. You have some basic skills; you can measure right and cut straight and know how to read a set of shed plans or woodworking blueprints. You feel like you have enough skill to get the job done.
You have the set of plans or have drawn out the measurements for your shelves and are ready to go get the lumber and start. If you’ve sat under a carpenter or master builder you probably know exactly what to get. However, most of us would do one of two things; buy the cheapest or one of the most expensive. So what are the very basics we should we know before we go? Read the rest of this entry »
It can be overwhelming to hasten into the garage and survey the mess that has been accumulated over time if your station has been obsolete as a dumping garage instead of being utilized as a parking dwelling and as an additional storage station. What can be even more mind boggling than the mess itself is how to go about fixing it.
There are numerous companies in the garage accomplish state that can back create the process a microscopic easier and eve more customizable to meet your need. Garage Tek is one of the leaders in the field for garage storage systems and offer initiate and installation services, freeing you from the entire ordeal.
The process starts with a free consultation at your house where a consultant will review with you what they can do to give you additional storage state in your garage and what type of items they offer. The next step is for the consultant to conduct a thorough investigation of the garage, which includes checking the walls, ceiling as well as taking measurements for pick up specifications. Read the rest of this entry »
This time of year with the changing of seasons it is one of the best times to compose an outdoor patio or add a deck to your home. Spring is the perfect weather for being outside with a major project at hand. You won’t have to anguish about being too hot or too icy. You can fair delight in the work and pick up a nice outdoor living residence to relax on during the summer when months are too hot to do considerable of any thing. You can splendid delight in the outdoors with a comfortable hammock or a splendid spot of Teak outdoor furnishings what ever you accept.
Measuring the residence available for the patio should be one the first things that you do. You will want to achieve sure you steal enough materials the first time so that you do not have to run wait on to the store every five minutes for one more share of wood or Read the rest of this entry »
Accuracy in measurements is perhaps the most critical factor in getting the curtains stitched. One can recall the measurements of the state where the curtains are supposed to be hung on their delight in or fetch it done from a professional.
Be it a door or window, or any other region at your home or workplace, the curtains should fit exactly according to the dimensions of that place; there cannot be anything worse than ill-fitted curtains in a room. They will simply spoil the whole carry out of the interior décor. Nobody would like to have such curtains in one’s room, either at home or in the office. Replacing curtains might be a burden on our budget because curtains’ cloth and stitching, both are delicate expensive. Read the rest of this entry »
Romance is in and not graceful because spring is coming and like is in the air. No, romance is one of the biggest trends for 2010 when it comes to fashion furniture trends. Romance and flamboyance are in style in a broad map.
So if you have been thinking you would appreciate nice original Victorian dining room tables, this may be the time to head out to do some shopping to find the perfect one for your home. But before you begin shopping there are a few things you should discover about so you regain the fair one for you. Read the rest of this entry »